WHAT IS FINTECH (FINANCE TECHNOLOGY)?
You may have heard of the relatively new term “FinTech” bandied about, but what actually is it? And why is it important for everyone to know about and understand?
You may also be familiar with online payment systems such as PayPal, Google Wallet, Crowdo, iMoney and more!
FinTech stands for Finance Technology- an exciting field that’s taking power away from traditional, bloated banks and giving the industry a much needed facelift! It’s helping the underbanked, and many popular FinTech technologies are becoming integrated into everyday life - managing our finances and changing the way we pay in this digital economy!
But what’s with all the lingo? Despite the excitement, understanding exactly what’s happening in the field can be hard. There’s banking terms, tech lingo, and pure FinTech jargon.
As a result of this class, you will have a basic understanding of:
where the opportunities and challenges are in FinTech
know how to keep up to date with its changing face
be in a better position to understand where the future is heading for financial services
Discover how FinTech in the Malaysian market can potentially be the next Visa, Paypal or Charles Schwab in transforming important areas of the financial services industry like:
- Retail Banking
- Lending and Financing
- Payments and transfers
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Markets and Exchanges
- Blockchain transactions
About the speaker:
6:00-7:00pm - Registration/Light refreshments served
7:00-7:15pm - Opening introduction
8:30- closing - Group photo, networking, end.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Please be reminded that you are heading to iTrain Malaysia @ KL Trillion, Level 19.
1. If you are driving, please park at B1/B2 in Block C. Estimated parking rate for the duration of this event is RM6.00.
2. Uber/Grab/Taxi - Please waze or set destination to "Roofino Sky Dining" which is located in the same tower.
3. By train - Go to Ampang Park LRT Station and cross the connecting bridge into Intermark. From Intermark's lobby, safely walk out towards the right and walk ahead until you see KL Trillion. (Please refer to the Organizer Description for more details on location)
What can I bring into the event?
Please bring a notebook and some name cards for networking. Laptops will not be necessary for this session.
How can I contact the organizer (NIGHT SCHOOL ASIA) with any questions?
Kindly call 03-21661879 or Whatsapp 012-6904599 (9-5pm on weekdays) if you have questions.
- The event description was updated. Diff#264766 2017-07-26 03:33:29
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
- iTrain Malaysia @ KL Trillion
FREE Class Pass FULL
- Venue Address
- Block C, 19-08, KL Trillion, 338, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
5 min walk from Ampang Park LRT Station / 10 min walk from Intermark / Immediately next to Balai Bomba dan Penyelamat Jalan Tun Razak
iTrain Malaysia1,983 Followers